1. Is there a start date?
No. You can begin any time and proceed at your own pace.
2. How long will it take me to complete the course?
It takes about 3 hours total to watch all the videos. If you do a hands-on project (which we think is a great idea) that will add more time. But, then you’ll have a picture by the end of the course!
3. Do I need to be an artist to take this course?
Absolutely not! You’ll learn core concepts of visual communication that’ll be useful whether you’re an expert or a student, a novice or a pro. You don’t need any prior knowledge or experience, or drawing skills.
4. Do I have to be a scientist to take this course?
No. SPARK will teach you to make a picture of your ideas about any subject.
5. What software is required?
None. You can have a very successful experience using a pencil and paper. If you already know how to use drawing software, you may use it, but it’s not necessary.
6. Why isn’t software taught as a part of this course?
This course is unique because it focuses on the most important principles of communication, perception, and visual information processing. It will teach you how to start with a written idea and transform it into a successful picture. Software alone will not enable you to make a successful picture. It’s necessary to understand these principles first.
7. Am I required to do the hands-on activities?
No. However, you will get the most out of the course if you do. And you will have a picture at the end of the course.
8. What materials will I need?
To do the hands-on activities, you’ll need several sheets of blank white paper. Printer paper is fine. You’ll also need a pencil, a red pen and a blue pen, and a pad of 3” x 3” sticky notes.
9. Can I get a certificate when I complete this course?
Yes. You’ll have the option to get a certificate upon completion.
10. Is a group rate available?
Absolutely! Please contact us directly so we can learn more about what you need.